Zomer van Sint-Pieter 2020
Live festival at 30CC/Schouwburg
A summer in Leuven just isn't complete without the 'Zomer van Sint-Pieter' festival.
You can enjoy the 19th edition fully live and corona proof in our 30CC/Schouwburg.
Starting on Wednesday, July 1st, the festival will serve nine weeks of classical masterpieces by the likes of Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms or Schubert, but also more modern sounds by Piazzolla, Bernstein or Gershwin.
All concerts will be performed live by Belgian top musicians en ensembles.
Many of them also have a connection with Leuven and will perform for their 'home crowd'.
Among them are pianists Thomas Dieltjens, on stage July 8th with Het Collectief,
and Liebrecht Vanbeckevoort, who will perform a solo concert on August 5th with works by Bach, Beethoven and Chopin.
The programme also features some theme weeks:
- The Sonata week (22 & 23 July) brings pure gems by Mozart, Brahms and Schubert.
- The following week (29 & 30 July) will focus on string quartets by Ludwig van Beethoven, with the Taurus Quartet and Quatuor MP4.
- In August, you'll enjoy a week of Piano Solo (5 & 6 August), with Liebrecht Vanbeckevoort and a Rachmaninov programme by Stephane Ginsburgh.
- The popular theme week on Early Music (12 & 13 August) will serve works by Telemann, Handel, Bach and Mozart.
The entire team at 30CC is extremely pleased to welcome you back at our Schouwburg.
All concerts of ‘Zomer van Sint-Pieter’ will be organised in strict accordance with the current corona measures.
With your help, we can make this a successful re-start!
- from Wednesday July 1 until Thursday August 27,
every Wednesday, Thursday
- at 12.15 h, duration +/- 40 minutes
- in 30CC/Schouwburg
- presale required from Wednesday, June 24th, 10 am
- € 6 / € 1,20 with UiTpas reduction rate / free for children under the age of12
- per order: maximum 10 tickets per concert & maximum 20 tickets in total
- No other reductions