Works in Silence by Lucinda Childs
Works in Silence offers insight into a decisive development phase of Lucinda Childs, one of the most important choreographers of the 20th century.
Ty Boomershine was able to win Childs for a collaboration as a long-time dancer of her company. Six dancers of the DANCE ON Ensemble present a collection of works that have not been shown since the 1970’s.
This is a rare entrance into a crucial period of transformation by one of the world's most important choreographers and directors, whose impact on both the world of the visual arts and influence on a generation of choreographers cannot be overstated. These works express a fragility and a humanity that is a perfect example of the value of experience and ideally suited to a group of dancers that bring with them their own abundant histories and knowledge. Do not miss this piece of dance history premiering on the occasion of the 'Playground Festival'.
- Untitled Trio, Premiere June 1, 1968 - 1973 / Judson Memorial Church, New York, NY
- Congeries on Edges for 20 Obliques, Premiere March 8, 1975 / Y.M.C.A. Nyack New York
- Katema, Premiere March 12, 1978 / Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Radial Courses, Premiere June 23,1976 / Washington Square Methodist Church, New York, NY
- Melody Excerpt, Premiere November 3,1977 / Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn, NY
choreography Lucinda Childs artistic direction DANCE ON Ty Boomershine dancers Ty Boomershine, Anna Herrmann, Emma Lewis, Gesine Moog, Miki Orihara and Lia Witjes-Poole lighting design Martin Beeretz sound Mattef Kuhlmey costumes Alexandra Sebbag production DANCE ON/DIEHL+RITTER coproduction STUK and Münchner Kammerspiele financed by the Doppelpass Fund of the Kulturstiftung des Bundes
DANCE ON is an initiative by DIEHL+RITTER financed by the Bundesbeauftragten für Kultur und Medien & co-financed by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union in the frame of DANCE ON, PASS ON, DREAM ON.